THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

In Loving Memory of My iPod

My iPod's tragic demise was met on Monday, September 1, 2008 when it fell into the washing machine filled with water. It had already been dropped on the floor a few months earlier before, from which it received a liquid crystal scratch that gradually grew and grew, but it still carried on playing music for me and providing games of solataire on nights where I couldn't go to sleep for hours. Then, it happened.

My dad and I were listening to my iPod in the garage. It was sitting safely in it's speaker when I started a load of laundry. As I put a scoop of soap in the washer, something-whether my elbow or magical iPod-hating faeries-sent the speaker tumbling of the dryer into the pit of churning water. I screamed and scrabbled to reach for it but it had gone underneath that part which has no name in the middle (ya know?)  My dad came and told me to unplug it cuz ya know, water, electricity, yeah...
Tenderly, I dried the iPod of for the next day and a half. There was still hope because a) the speaker still worked fine (the radio on it at least) and b) when I put the iPod on the speaker, it turned on (even though the screen was all light blue and bubbly and warpy). But still!!!
Then, on the sad sad morning of Wednesday, September 3, my iPod was officially claimed dead.
I will always remember him. Even though I never named him, it seemed like a him. I will miss listening to him rock me to sleep with Daughtry, and watching OK Go on treadmills. I am now saving for a new iPod, but mine will always be in my heart... <3333333

13 perfectly wonderful amazing comments!:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW

I NAMED MY IPOD NIKKI
sorry i was in caps lock

i think i have dropped mine everywhere and it somehow it still works
but i once forget it was in my pocket and got out the boat (we were at the lake and i wore jeans for some reason) but i kept walking out deeper since in forget it was in my pocket

if i would have gone 1 more inch it would be in ipod heaven
i have stepped on it, my cousin ate it, and its been thrown around every where

bookworm said...

This post makes me want to cry!

The red head said...

My aunt accidentally ran her moterola razer through the washing machine. She sent it in and got a new one free. On then she dropped it in the pool. Got another one and then dropped it into the pool again.
~The red head

The red head said...

Oh yea Kate I have touched it!!! :)
~The red head

author in progress said...

i have never gotten so many comments sooo quickly!

Anonymous said...

umm the only phone im obsessed with is the iphone and any one who touches those is soooooooooooo lucky

Shara said...

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with you using the phrase "HE rocked me to sleep every night" even if HE was an Ipod.... Also, What is this about staying up playing Solitaire? No wonder you come down all the time saying you can't get to sleep! Hmmmm.... But, I still am sad about your Ipod (and not just because we paid for it). Love you Emma! :^) -Mamacita

Chloe said...

That is so sad! Did u make it a him/her a grave?

bookworm said...

Emma you forgot to add me to your blog list. Also im sorry about your ipod! Are you gonna get another one. Also Mrs. ramirez your funny!

author in progress said...

i told you guys! i can't put private blogs on my blog list. i tried but it wouldn't let me!!!! D:

author in progress said...

i told you guys! i can't put private blogs on my blog list. i tried but it wouldn't let me!!!! D:

bookworm said...

Oh sorry about that. I had no idea! Oh well thanks anyway :)

Kristi Chang ♫ ♪ said...

Awwwwwww!!!!! That's such a good story of you iPod. I love it!